Sunday, February 8, 2009

As I Lay Dying


The next novel in this project will be As I Lay Dying by Willaim Faulkener. I have picked up this novel at least twice, and made it through a couple of chapters. Faulkner completed the writing of this novel in 6-weeks, I can only hope to complete the reading of it, in as short of time. Faulkener's epic stream of conscience/multiple narrator style is the stuff of legends. His challenging writing style is equally loved and hated. I hope that my experience will be positive. Any guidance on how to enjoy Faulkner is welcomed.


1 comment:

  1. My Faulkner recommendation: read with a sense of humor. As I Lay Dying can be quite funny.

    By the way, good luck with the project. It's a great idea. And the classics-reading litblogs are full of friendly folks.

    ReplyDelete